Saturday, June 26, 2010

Can you keep makeup/cosmetics/hair products for several years, if you don't use it often/take care of them?

With the exception of mascara, and certain organic/fruit/plant products which have a shorter shelf life, if you don't use cosmetics/products that often, can you keep them around for a few years, or do you have to discard them every few months?





It's frustrating because I have mannnnnnnnny items, and I spent so much money on them, nothing like lipstick or pencils, (im a guy), but skin creams, moisturizers, a few things like cover up, but top of the notch stuff. I got some of these things about a year ago, and would hate to just throw it away, after all the money I spent on it.





Are creams/cosmetics/hair products still effective or can be used several years later?





Or are they really meant to be used short term?Can you keep makeup/cosmetics/hair products for several years, if you don't use it often/take care of them?
I can understand where you are coming from. I have a ton of expensive products that I have a hard time throwing away.





For the most part I don't throw it away unless the texture, color, and/or smells funny. Also if I use it and get a funny reaction- it get tossed. I don't think if you keep something for a year or two it gets a bad or lose it's effectiveness. I think it's the cosmetics company that is just trying to get us to buy more stuff.





If you keep stuff out of heat, light and moisture it extends the life of products too.





My favorite brand to get is MAC because they have a recycling program- you can take in six MAC products and get a free lipstick, lip gloss or eyeshadow. ( Which doesn't help you as a guy but you can give it to a friend and it feels less wasteful. )Can you keep makeup/cosmetics/hair products for several years, if you don't use it often/take care of them?
Technically, you're supposed to throw things out.


I say use'em if they're usable - lotions, you'll KNOW when they've gone past - they'll get funky. Some will go rancid, so you'll know.





If it smells fine, looks fine and the consistency is normal - use it.


Anything you put on your face (like cover up) can contain bacteria - that's why they come in small ';portion'; sizes.


http://beauty.about.com/od/makeuptrickst鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
bacteria