Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cosmetics and skincare products to avoid during breastfeeding?

I read a lot of information on the internet about what to avoid when you are pregnant. But do the same rules apply after birth and when you breastfeed? Were you advised not to use something by a doctor? I get many skincare products as gifts, and since I am only 17 weeks I am going to avoid ';brightening'; masks and salcylic acid washes and products just to be safe. I also got dead sea masks and produst. I am not going to use those (unopened) products until I give birth at least.





I like to try new skincare stuff but I don't know what to do...


17 minutes ago - 3 days left to answer.





I alos have papaya and pineapple enzyme masks. Just wanted to mention a few things here...Cosmetics and skincare products to avoid during breastfeeding?
While you are breast feeding, use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a facial moisturizer. I've been using it, straight from the bottle, for the past 3 months and my skin is in the best condition of my life! You just need a few drops. My skin tone has evened out, lines have disappeared and my face has a healthy glow. I thought it would give me an oily greasy face but not so! My skin drinks it in and there is no odor. I'l bet you will continue to use it when the breast feeding phase is over!


Why spend a small fortune on skin care products when the best thing for your skin is right there in your kitchen cabinet?!


Plus, it's just plain healthier for you and your baby!Cosmetics and skincare products to avoid during breastfeeding?
Hello,


I have a 20 month old baby boy, when i was preggers I used cliniques ';sent free'; step3 line of skin care products and while i was b-feeding too. Only due to the fact that I was so sensitive to smells. I don't think you have to worry about skin care products on yourself while preggs or post during nursing b/c your not transferring those products to your babe by absorbing them through your skin. Check with a Doctor if you are really paranoid though to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
bacteria